The bellies, still stretched, are placed in brine for a few days.
Then rolled up and wrapped in veils obtained from the pig’s intestines, they are then placed in an elasticised net which will keep them tight for the seasoning which lasts at least a couple of months.
Spiedini di scamorza e pancetta
- 16 Chunks of smoked scamorza
- 16 Spilinga bacon slices
- 1 Red pepper
- Wash and peel the pepper, cut it into strips and then into squares, and roast them on a hot plate on both sides.
- Wrap each provolone with 1 slice of bacon.
- Then compose the skewers, alternating provolone, pepper, provolone etc.
- Cook the skewers on the same griddle used for the peppers, about 4-5 minutes per side, until the pancetta is well drained
- Serve the scamorza and bacon skewers immediately, while the cheese is still soft.